Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The big return


How many years have passed. It all started with just this one guy to spark my name and the beginning of my story. I did a post before showing the history of my logo and here we are again. It first started with a Un-proportional and stereotypical drawing. I named him Inkmasterru and I stuck with the name.


I remade him and made him more modern. trying to show personality. Yet I failed as it turned out worse than the first one. I later remade him, it was better, but it was still bland compared to the original. I also started using my own quote for the logo.


Yet later on I tried again and got this logo. At this point, I already started using kanji. His name has finally evolved into Sumi Oyakata which meant the same thing as the first name, just sounded cooler. I also came up with my catchphrase, "the world changes and moves on do you? Join the revolution." Giving me the idea to take revolution as my symbol and trademark.




I remade it again and it turn out better, but it really wasn't that different from the last one besides the medium difference.


So I wanted to created a dynamic logo, one that surpasses my previous ones. But I rushed into it and it turned out a little bad. The face looked wrong and the flag kept bothering me. So I kept this as my logo for a while.









Then I decided to completely drop the circle format and explore new horizons. I wanted to show Sumi oyakata as more of a human than his previous logo's did. Yet it turned out a little over simplified.






I eventually ended up on the god form that I fell in love with. It was so perfect, dynamic and proportional. It showed a perfect blend of traditional and modern art. It was pinnacle of my skills. Yet it mocked me and alluded me. I was never able to achieve such a masterpiece ever again. So as I new year came, I decided to change my best logo for something new. I still have to make the new logo, but this will suffice for now. It's not worse or better than the last logo, just different. I like different and I like this style. I think I'm dropping anime all together and going towards a more realistic style. Of course it will still be influenced by Japanese culture and art, but It won't be as cartoonly as before. Fingers crossed. Anyway, it's good to be back and i'll try to stay up to date. Thank you for those who remained with me. Please, comment, +1 and follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment