Monday, April 4, 2016

Beginning in the past

 This a self portrait of myself. This is my longest project ever. it took me 52 hours to make over a period of 3 weeks, 1 hour, sometimes 2 hours a day. The face is done with 4 to 5 tones of blue and green rose art pencils. The hair was colored in with Carioca  black, brown and gray markers. The tips of each hair was done with quill and ink. The eyes were done with a SX Pitt artist pen. The top of the iris was done with rubbing alcohol and ink to make a lighter tone. Then the bottom was made with just ink and that was watered and dragged across with a brush.. The background was made with markers which were pulled with a wet piece of paper. Then the different colored lines were done with quill and ink to had to the background.The beard was made with Sx, S, and F Pitt artist pens. The shirt was made with green, purple, and blue Carioca markers. Then crosshatching with Sx, S, F, and B were done to add depth.




This was done in 2014. I didn't have to go far with this, since this was only a simple art class assignment, but I got carried away. I used references of modern and traditional towns in Japan to create this fantasy, realistic city.  It took me three days to make this drawing and I was extremely proud of this. Anyway, I only used pencil to create this 1-point and 2-point perspective drawing. After I finished this class, 2 years later, in 2016 this image was pinned up behind a glass panel near the art room. I have currently at me house, but i'm think about remaking it and then hanging it in my room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment